Yarloop Railway Station

The name ‘Yarloop’ was first noted in the WAGR (Western Australian Government Railways) Working Timetable dated 1 September 1895 which was then printed in 1896.


A station building, elevated passenger platform and goods shed were completed in November 1898. Yarloop was a busy station and when a man was killed crossing the lines in 1907, a footbridge was seen by locals as a necessity. One was erected in 1908. In the early 1950s the Yarloop Progress Association wanted to retain the footbridge but the WAGR considered the deteriorating structure too costly to maintain and demolished it in 1955.

The station buildings were demolished by the WAGR in the 1970s but the loading ramp which is enclosed within the picket fence was retained. The current passenger shelter was opened in 2018.


Back to Top of the page.