Palace Hotel Historic Site 1897

Palace Hotel Historic Site 1897
Millars Timber Company built the Palace Hotel on McDowell Street circa 1897.

Called the Yarloop Coffee Palace, it was an eating, boarding and lodging house, containing eight bedrooms and three sitting rooms for public use.

In 1899, Mrs Maria Stone gained a liquor license, and it became the Palace Hotel. Later, it was also known as The Old Wooden Pub.

After the license was discontinued, it was used as a boarding house and later became a private residence which burnt down in 1990.


Palace Hotel Historic Site

Back to Top of the page.