Harvey Road Board 1935

Now known as the Shire of Harvey Administration Offices, the Harvey Road Board Offices were added to the Harvey Town Hall in 1935.

This Art déco-style building was built at the same time as architects Powell, Cameron and Chisholm designed additions to the hall and a new cinema garden. The builder, J. Johnston, took on the complete works for a fee of £2762.

Lieutenant Governor Sir James Mitchell opened them on 12 August 1935.

Before the establishment of the Shire of Harvey, the Brunswick Road Board, which became the Harvey Road Board in 1909, following the move to Harvey, governed the area.

The Shire of Harvey was officially established in 1961. At this time, the building was known as the Harvey Council Chambers.

Many extensions and modifications to the building have occurred over time, including the addition of a Town Clock.

In 1984, Roger Palmer donated this clock to the town in memory of the pioneers of the Harvey district.



  • Wheelchair-accessible entrance
Back to Top of the page.